If you are like me each year you set New Year’s resolutions and all too often fall off track within the first thirty days. You have great intentions but may lack the knowledge that keeps you on track. I remember one New Year’s it only took me 3 days before I caved and went back to my old habits. Another year I lasted only two months. The following actions are some of the things you need to do to help you stay on track all year long.
- Go easy on yourself. Know that you may fail and that is OK. The most important part is that you get back up and keep moving towards what you want.
- Believe in the process. All too often we have these good intentions about making these changes in our lives but lack the belief in our self to stay committed.
- Work for it. You see, it is like losing weight – you cant just wish for it, you have to work for it. The glue that holds it all together is that you have faith in the process.
- Stick with it by contentiously making daily steps towards your goal.
- Be grateful of the opportunity. Take a moment to see how far you have come. Celebrate the small things. If your goal is to save money and you only saves $20 this week – get excited!
- Breath. Just breath. Take a moment to focus on your breath and your reaction to your goal. Become aware of what happens to your body when you think about your goal. Do you get excited, anxious, angry? Your belief system about achieving this goal will not come to fruition with a negative mindset. Change your vibration by learning positive affirmations that are in direct correlation with what you want to do, have or achieve.
- Write your goals down and review them at the same time everyday. You can easily set it in a calendar on your phone and set a reminder each day to review.
- Tell someone about your goals. Have them follow up with you to get a progress report each week. You can easily do this over email.
- Get excited. Wake up and start your day with the intentions of achieving your goals.
- Make the daily action steps you habit. After a while you will not think about it you will just do! Taking action is the most rewarding feeling.
- Stick with it no mater what. There will be days when you just don’t feel like doing anything. Go easy on yourself and allow for there to be a break. Just don’t break too long.
Check out this cute video of a 4-year old explains the problem with New Year’s resolutions.